|CRPXXXX Hardware Only CNC Router Kit|
Our "hardware only" kits allow you to configure your CNC machine to the size you want, and are based on our Standard CNC machine plans.
You provide the extrusion, steel, and gear rack, and we supply the rest of the parts needed for the mechanical portion of your machine!
The sizes of machines selectable below are the cutting area of the machine (with a little extra in X and Y). Don't see the size you want listed yet? Just let us know
and we can add it or provide a custom quote.
The length of steel, extrusion, and rack that you need to provide to complete each sub-assembly is given below, based on the travel you choose. For purposes of these kits, the long axis is referred to as the X axis, while the gantry axis is referred to as the Y axis. Kits include:
- Rack clamps
- Fasteners for rack clamps, extrusion connections, and rails
- L brackets and fasteners for easy, square connection of extrusion base.
- X axis bumpers
- 2 pieces of 1545 extrusion for the side rails. These should be the X travel of your machine +12" in length.
- 1530 Cross supports. These should be the Y travel of your machine +6" in length. To determine the number required, divide the length of the 1545's (above) x 12" (rounded up) to make a complete frame.
- 2 pieces of X axis cold rolled steel, 2.5" wide by 1/4" thick. These should also be the X travel of your machine plus 12" in length.
- 2 lengths of 20 pitch, 20 degree pressure angle gear rack. These should be the X travel of your machine + ~6" in length. This does not need to be exact, just longer than your desired travel. It will likely be built of multiple sections of gear rack for travel over 52"
- 4 pre-tapped extended carriages
- Set of 2 3060 gantry risers (3030 version supplied for gantries with under 3 feet of travel)
- 4 rail brushes
- Fasteners for connecting risers to carriages and for bolting them to the gantry
- 2 pre-tapped extended carriages
- High Z plate
- Rack clamps
- Rail clamps (excluded for machines for gantries with under 3 feet of travel -- these use 4" steel and a 3030 gantry)
- Y axis bumpers
- Fasteners for rack clamps, rail clamps, steel rails, and for connecting the High Z plate to the carriages
- 3060 gantry extrusion (3030 for machines with under 3 feet of Y travel). This should be your Y travel + 12" in length.
- 2 pieces of Y axis cold rolled steel, 2.5" wide by 1/4" thick (or 1 piece of 4" wide by 1/4" thick for machines with under 3 feet of Y travel). These should also be the Y travel of your machine plus 12" in length.
- 1 piece of 20 pitch, 20 degree pressure angle gear rack. These should be the Y travel of your machine + ~6" in length.
- 2 extended carriages
- Motor mount (NEMA 23 or 34 depending on your selection)
- 1/2" Bearing block
- 5 start acme nut
- 5 start acme threaded rod 15" in length
- Shaft collar, thrust washers and zero backlash coupler (please specify coupler size in your order notes).
- Fasteners for motor and bearing block mounting, connection of extended carriages to high z plate, and connection of 4" steel rail to z extrusion.
- 1530 z extrusion, 19" in length
- z rail 4" wide by 1/4" thick cold rolled steel 15.5" in length
- 3 rack and pinion drives. Choose NEMA 23 or NEMA 34 from the options below.
For a 4' x 8' 4896 machine (48" gantry travel, 96" lengthwise travel), you will want:
- (2) 108" pieces of 1545 extrusion
- (2) 108" pieces of 2.5" cold rolled steel
- (4) 52" pieces of gear rack in the X axis
- (9) 54" wide connecting pieces of 1530
- (1) 60" piece of 3060 extrusion for the gantry
- (2) 60" pieces of 2.5" cold rolled steel for the gantry
- (1) 52" gear rack for the gantry
- (1) 19" piece of 1530 for the z axis
- (1) 15.5" x 4" piece of 1/4" cold rolled steel for the z axis
If you have any questions about your machine or specific application, please do not hesitate to Contact Us
, and we will be more than happy to discuss the options for your ideal solution!