|CRP4848 4' x 4' CNC Router Kit|
Our complete mechanical 4' x 4' machine kit offers high performance and a huge work area at an incredible price point. There are currently hundreds of these machines running across a wide array of industries and applications all over the world. Order today from a trusted name in the DIY CNC business!
- X travel 49.75 inches
- Y (gantry) travel 50.25 inches
- Z (vertical) travel 6.5 inches (minus spoil board thickness)
- Dual drive rack and pinion for X
- Rack and pinion drive for Y
- 5 start ACME drive for Z
- Repeatability to +/-0.002" or better, accuracy to +/-0.005" or better
- Nema 23 version: Rapids up to 600 IPM+, cutting feedrates 200 IPM+*
- Nema 34 version: Rapids up to 1000 IPM+, cutting feedrates 400 IPM+*
* Using CNC Router Parts electronics. Appropriate feedrates depend highly on material, depth of cut, cutting spindle and tooling.
The kit is broken down into the following subsystems:
- Machine Base, 4' x 4' (CRP110-00-4848)
- Machine Risers (CRP120-00)
- Machine Gantry, 4' (CRP130-00-48)
- Z-axis, 6.5" (CRP140-00-6_5)
- Aluminum extrusion, counterbored and tapped for easy assembly
- Pre-drilled cold rolled steel rails for X, Y and Z
- Linear motion components (linear carriages, connecting plates and risers)
- Drive components (screw, racks, rack and pinion drives, rack clamps)
- All required fasteners
The documentation is still in progress (see our 4' x 4' machine plans
for the latest), but these kits include all of the parts needed to build the mechanical portion of a 4' x 4' machine. More detailed photos and drawings will be available in the future, but for now the documentation is comprised of the e-drawings plans and parts list on this website, and corresponding labelled boxes and baggies for subsystems and components.
What's not included
This kit contains all of the mechanical components needed for a CNC motion system, but there are still a few things needed to make a complete CNC cutting system. These are not included in this kit to allow people flexibility for different electronics, software, and cutting tools. If it's not listed above or in the plan Bill of Materials (BOM), it's safe to assume it's not included, but to be clear, these items will need to be purchased separately:
- Electronics (motors, cables, drives, power supply, limit switches, etc). Check out our Nema 23 or Nema 34 electronics kits for some great options that have been tested and optimized to work with this machine.
- Cutting spindle or router, and corresponding spindle or router mount
- Spoilboard or other workholding
- Machine legs -- the unit can be placed on a bench or on our Machine Leg Kit.
- Mach3 CNC Control Software, VCarve Pro CAM Software, Cut3D CAM Software, Aspire CAM Software, or CAD software
- Cable management. Our Complete Cable Track Kits are now available!
- Dust collection. Check out our entry on Kent's dust collection system.